The 50x50 Commission – a group of business, government, and civil society leaders – has been working to develop a pathway to capitalize on the opportunities of a rapidly changing industry by setting an ambitious goal of cutting the U.S. transportation sector’s energy use by 50% by 2050 while meeting future mobility needs. On September 26, the Commission will unveil its full suite of policy recommendations on Capitol Hill to encourage policymakers to better prepare for the coming transformation.
We are excited to announce our confirmed keynote speaker Mayor William Peduto, City of Pittsburgh.
Join us for the keynote addresses and a panel discussion with members of the Commission to hear their perspectives on the key shifts in the industry, why their organization is participating in the Commission, and the importance of cohesive policies in securing the Commission's vision of the transportation future.
8:30am – 9:00am: Registration & Breakfast
9:00am – 9:10am: Welcome Remarks
- Jason Hartke, President, Alliance to Save Energy and Gil C. Quiniones, President & CEO, New York Power Authority
9:10am – 9:30am: Keynote Remarks
- Mayor William Peduto, City of Pittsburgh
9:30 am – 10:30am: 50x50 Commission: Pathways for Reducing Transportation Sector Energy Use 50% by 2050
- Moderator: Terry Sobolewski, SVP & Chief Customer Officer, National Grid US
- Speakers: Giovanni Palazzo, President & CEO, Electrify America; Eric McCarthy, SVP, Government Relations, Public Policy & Legal Affairs, Proterra; Brad Stertz, Director, Government Affairs, Audi America; Bert Van Hoof, Partner - Group Program Manager, Microsoft; Roland Hwang, Managing Director, Climate & Clean Energy Program, NRDC
10:30am – 10:45am: Closing Remarks
- Jason Hartke, President, Alliance to Save Energy