Long-Time Energy Efficiency Advocate Rep. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) to Address EE Global Forum
Markey among 120+ Energy, Policy, Business Experts Addressing Forum
Long-time energy efficiency advocate Rep. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) joins Sens. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) in the speaker lineup at the Alliance to Save Energy's EE Global conference, the world's premier energy efficiency forum, in Washington, D.C., May 10-12.
Rep. Markey, an Alliance to Save Energy honorary vice-chair, will deliver remarks during the conference's awards luncheon on Tuesday, May 11, from 12:30 to 2:00 pm.
Sen. Pryor will address the opening plenary on Monday, May 10 (3-6:30 pm), while Sen. Murkowski will speak at the 8:30-10:30 am plenary session on Tuesday, May 11.
In addition, Rep. Peter Welch (D-Vt.) will speak at one of the conference's Executive Dialogue sessions – "Breaking New Ground: Economic Recovery through Efficiency Retrofits" – on Tuesday, May 11, from 4-5:30 pm.
WHAT: The Alliance to Save Energy's third Energy Efficiency Global Forum & Exposition (EE Global), a gathering of world-class business, technology, government and policy leaders focusing exclusively on energy efficiency.
Four tracks of Executive Dialogue sessions will concentrate on four key areas of energy end use: consumers, buildings, industry and utilities and transportation and urban planning. Topics and speakers are at http://eeglobalforum.org/symposium-execdialogue.php.
WHO: More than 120 world-class public- and private-sector speakers, including:
- Panama Bartholomy, advisor to Commissioner Douglas, California Energy Commission;
- Paul Baudry, senior expert, Research and Development Division, Électricité de France;
- Paul Beach, president, Quallion LLC;
- Jean-Pierre Benqué, president, Électricité de France;
- Hon. Miguel Angel Cámara Botía, mayor, City of Murcia, Spain;
- Hon. Jimena Bronfman, vice minister of energy, Ministry of Energy, Chile;
- Walter Cuculic, director of sustainability, The Pulte Group;
- Christopher Curtis, president & CEO, N.A. Operating Division and Buildings Business, Schneider Electric;
- George David, former chairman & CEO, United Technologies Corporation;
- Aldo D'Eramo, director, Global Marketing and Strategy, MicroHeat Technologies;
- Robert J. Dixon, sr. VP & global head, Efficiency & Sustainability, Building Automation, Siemens Industry Inc. ;
- Sumir Karayi, CEO, 1E;
- Pierre Langlois, president, Econoler;
- Dr. Paul MacGregor, senior vice president, Nexant Inc.;
- James Rogers, chairman, president & CEO, Duke Energy;
- David Szczupak, Executive Vice President, Global Product Organizations, Whirlpool Corporation;
- Larry Wash, president of Global Services for Hussmann, Thermo King & Trane Businesses at Ingersoll Rand;
- Lorie Wigle, president, Climate Savers Computing / eco-technology general manager, Intel Corporation;
- Robert Wilkins, president N.A., Danfoss; and
- Many additional noteworthy representatives of academia, foundations, industry associations, local governments, NGOs and labor.
WHERE: Washington, D.C., Convention Center (located between 7th and 9th Streets, NW, and N St. and Mt. Vernon Place, NW, at the Mt. Vernon Square-7th St. Convention Center Metro stop on the Green and Yellow Lines)
Media are invited and encouraged to register for the entire conference, free of charge, at http://eeglobalforum.org/media-registration.php.