Energy Security, Energy Policy Debate Highlighted at Alliance to Save Energy Alliance Associates Summit on Energy Efficiency
Energy security, the national energy policy debate, current trends in energy markets, the impact of the energy situation in California, and new challenges in energy supply will be the topics at the Alliance to Save Energy's Summit on Energy Efficiency October 25 in Washington, D.C.
Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham will be the keynote luncheon speaker. Throughout the day, speakers and panelists representing a wide range of prominent energy policymakers and stakeholders from the business, government, and non-profit communities will discuss important energy issues facing the nation today:
- Senator Jeff Bingaman (D-NM), Alliance Chair and Chair of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- James Woolsey, former CIA Director
- Rep. Edward J. Markey (D-MA), Alliance vice-chair
- S. David Freeman, Chair of California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority
- Adam Sieminski, Global Energy Strategist, Deutsche Banc Alex. Brown
- Dean T. Langford, President, OSRAM SYLVANIA, Inc., Co-Chair, Alliance to Save Energy
- Dr. Amory Lovins, Chief executive officer, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Dr. Philip Verleger, President, PKVerleger LLC
The Summit follows the previous night's Alliance Evening with the Stars of Energy Efficiency Awards Dinner honoring New York Governor George E. Pataki and others for their work to promote energy efficiency at home and abroad. The Summit will be held in the Crystal Room of the Willard Intercontinental Hotel in Washington, D.C., Thursday, October 25, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.