KS CPP Event: What Every Kansan Should Know
The Clean Power Plan rule is the first regulation to place limits on power plant emissions. Released by the Environmental Protection Agency on August 3rd, 2015, the final Clean Power Plan Rule requires each State to develop a plan to cut power plants’ CO2 emissions by specific targets.
The briefing will breakdown the 1,560 page rule into a comprehensible overview,
- Clean Power Plan emission requirements and deadlines.
- Ways Kansas can comply with the CO2 emission standards.
- How the CPP addresses electricity security, availability, and affordability.
- Health benefits resulting from the Clean Power Plan reduced C02 emissions.
- Economic opportunities (jobs, incentives, and credits for low-income communities) resulting from the CPP.