Research & Analysis Associate
Research & Analysis Associate
The Research & Analysis Associate is responsible for supporting the Policy & Research team on tasks related to Active Efficiency, the EE Impact Report and general energy efficiency research and data analysis. This individual will report to the Manager of Research & Analysis and will be expected to work collaboratively across the organization and with a myriad of external stakeholders. This position will be based in Washington, D.C. and operate on a hybrid work schedule.
Founded in 1977, the Alliance to Save Energy is a nonprofit coalition of business, government, environmental, and consumer leaders advocating for enhanced energy productivity to achieve economic growth, a cleaner environment, and greater energy security, affordability, and reliability.
Active Efficiency Collaborative
Support the Manager of Research & Analysis’ management of the Steering Committee by maintaining the roster, scheduling and managing meeting logistics.
- Coordinate and facilitate working group meetings and deliverables
- Develop content for the Collaborative website, with a focus on supporting case study development.
- Provide research assistance, including drafting and editing Collaborative deliverables and responding to requests for data or fact-checking related to active efficiency.
EE Impact Report
- Conduct research and draft content as requested by the Research & Analysis SVP and Manager.
General Research & Analysis
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on federal energy efficiency legislation, policies and programs, including researching existing initiatives and scoping new proposals.
- Respond to requests for data or fact-checking related to energy efficiency policies and proposals, including preparation of relevant graphs, tables, slides, and presentation materials.
Contribute to the preparation of whitepapers, fact sheets, and digital content (blog posts, articles and other media pieces, etc.) in support of Alliance research efforts.
- Read, digest, and report on dense research and policy documents originating from the Department of Energy and the National Laboratories.
- Use statistical, economic, and data modeling techniques and tools to guide policy development and advocacy.
- Provide support to the senior research and policy staff on projects and research initiatives as needed.
Coordinate with Alliance staff and fellow Research and Analysis team staff
- Attend weekly conference calls to share updates, best practices and troubleshoot obstacles in ongoing research projects.
- Bachelor's degree in field with strong analytical emphasis (e.g., science, engineering, political sciences, or public policy).
- Master’s degree preferred, and/or 2+ years of professional experience in a policy-related field.
- Experience working with or managing external stakeholders including policymakers, regulators, and program managers.
- Strong and demonstrated skills in data and policy analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new topics
- Collaborative work ethic
- Team Player: Works well as a member of group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Motivation and ability to make an impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Salary is approximately $40,000–$50,000, based on work history and skillset, with participation in the employee benefit plan of the Alliance which includes health, dental, and 403(b) matching.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and updated resume to Alliance Chief of Staff Felicia Kelly at email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Help the Alliance advocate for policies to use energy more efficiently – supporting job creation, reduced emissions, and lower costs. Contact your member of Congress.
Energy efficiency is smart, nonpartisan, and practical. So are we. Our strength comes from an unparalleled group of Alliance Associates working collaboratively under the Alliance umbrella to pave the way for energy efficiency gains.
The power of efficiency is in your hands. Supporting the Alliance means supporting a vision for using energy more productively to achieve economic growth, a cleaner environment, and greater energy security, affordability, and reliability.