ABOUT THE ALLIANCE
Who are we?
The Alliance to Save Energy is a nonprofit coalition of business, government, environmental and consumer leaders advocating for enhanced energy efficiency across all sectors of the economy.
Tell me more.
Energy efficiency is the first solution for addressing global energy demand. Development and implementation of energy-efficient products, technologies and services saves consumers and businesses money, drives innovation and productivity, creates jobs, supports a cleaner environment, and reduces dependence on imported oil. Most importantly, it does so without sacrifice: energy efficiency enables us to do more while using less energy.
Founded in 1977, the Alliance to Save Energy began in response to a critical period in our nation’s energy history following the oil embargo chaos of the 1970’s. Decades later, it continues its mission to create an energy-efficient world.
The Alliance to Save Energy promotes energy efficiency worldwide to achieve a healthier economy, a cleaner environment and energy security.
To achieve this mission, the Alliance:
- Leads worldwide energy efficiency initiatives in policy advocacy, research, education, technology deployment and communications that impact all sectors of the economy
- Provides vision and activism which includes active and engaged members of Congress, leaders from business, the public interest sector and academia
- Initiates and participates in public-private partnerships, collaborative efforts and strategic alliances to optimize resources and expand its sphere of influence
- Executes its mission through a team of recognized energy efficiency experts and professionals
The Alliance to Save Energy devotes specific effort working on the following issues. Click on each to learn more about our work in these areas.
- Federal Policy: We focus on influencing and promoting effective bipartisan legislation, regulatory actions and administrative policy.
- Energy 2030: We bring together national and local leaders to advance implementation of a roadmap for achieving the shared goal of doubling U.S. energy productivity.
- Clean Power Plan: We have developed a hub of tools and resources for policy makers and industry participants to explain the role of energy efficiency as the fastest, easiest and most cost-effective mechanism available for compliance with the Clean Power Plan.
- Buildings: With buildings comprising approximately 40 percent of U.S. energy waste, we promote the adoption, implementation and advancement of building energy codes in the U.S. and abroad, aiming to make the most energy exhaustive sector more efficient.
- CarbonCount™: We have developed a scoring tool that evaluates bond investments in U.S.-based energy efficiency and renewable energy projects and now offer third-party green bond certifications in accordance with the CarbonCount methodology.
- PowerSave Schools: We work to empower students to be leaders with measurable, best practices on energy efficiency to address the real-world challenge of increasing utility bills, and move their schools and communities toward a greener future. PowerSave Schools reduce consumption an average of 5-15% in one year through no-cost operations and behavior changes.
The Alliance is led by a diverse and bipartisan board of directors comprised of members of Congress and corporate and nonprofit executives united by the desire to see American families and businesses save money and energy and to ensure a healthy environment for future generations.
At the core of the Alliance’s success is our ever-growing roster of Associates, which include diverse businesses, nonprofit organizations and government entities that share in the Alliance’s belief that energy efficiency builds a healthier economy, a cleaner environment and stronger energy security.