INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Country of residence
- Occupational information
The Alliance may collect personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- When you register to receive promotional materials from the Alliance on our “Stay Informed” webpage (http://www.ase.org/involved/stay-informed/signup).
- When you send us an email inquiry.
- When you register for an Alliance event.
- When you indicate your interest in supporting the Alliance.
- When you complete an entry form for one of our competitions.
- When you make a donation to the Alliance. Online donations are processed by Corduro, but the Alliance has access to information in connection with your donation; however, at no time does the Alliance see or retain the full credit card number in connection with your donation. Mailed donations are processed directly by the Alliance finance department.
Email Privacy – The Alliance to Save Energy does not provide, sell, or rent email addresses to anyone outside the organization.
We may on some occasions use information we collect to inform you of upcoming publications or other marketing material that would serve your interest. We do not sell, lease or share this information with individuals or organizations outside the Alliance for any purpose, including marketing or promotional purposes.
RIGHT TO OPT OUT
You have the right to "opt-out" of certain uses of your Personal Information. For example, at the time you are requested to provide Personal Information on this website and/or through our Services, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive promotional correspondence from the Alliance. If subscribed to received emails and updates, every Alliance correspondence provides the opportunity to update your preferences or to fully unsubscribe. Please understand that if you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from the Alliance, we may still contact you by email in connection with your account with us or to provide you with important information about the Alliance’s services.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Please refer to the following privacy policies for further information on how information is handled through third parties used by the Alliance:
Form Assembly: http://www.formassembly.com/privacy-policy.php
The Alliance makes every effort to protect your information, including:
- Physical safekeeping: As a secure facility, our offices are restricted to employees and authorized visitors only. All computers are password-protected.
- Electronic safekeeping: We use a perimeter firewall that is configured to let only necessary traffic through. All computers are patched regularly and have up-to-date antivirus software.
- Administrative safekeeping: All of our website visitors’ information is restricted to the Alliance offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific function (e.g. processing a donor receipt) are granted access to files and folders on the server containing personally identifiable information. All employees are educated about the Alliance’s high expectations for ethical standards, policies and practices committed to the protection of user information. Training and review of these policies takes place periodically.
Although the Alliance takes all measures - physical, electronic and administrative - to prevent unauthorized access to and maintain the accuracy of your data and information, no information transferred over the Internet is 100% secure. The Alliance cannot guarantee the total security of information transmitted to us.
USE OF SITES BY MINORS
By visiting our website you understand our privacy statement and limitations. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact the Alliance by email at “alliancenews (at) ase.org” or by mail: Alliance to Save Energy, 1850 M St. NW, Suite 610, Washington, DC 20036 or by phone (202) 857-0666.
Last Updated July 18, 2016