You agree to these Terms by accessing or using this website.
By using the Site, you affirm that you are thirteen (13) years of age or older. You also affirm, by accessing or using the Site, that you are of legal age to enter into this agreement or, if you are not, that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into this agreement.
Rules of Conduct
You agree not to:
- Post, transmit, or otherwise make available, through or in connection with the Site:
- Anything that is or may be (a) threatening, abusive, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating; (b) false, misleading, defamatory or libelous; (c) fraudulent or tortious; (d) profane, obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (e) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right.
- Any material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Any material that disparages the Alliance or its promotional partners;
- Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability; that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or that encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities or activities such as 'phishing,' 'email spoofing,' 'hacking,' 'cracking,' or 'phreaking.'
- Any computer viruses, ransomware, worms, Trojan horses, rootkits, keyloggers, dialers, spyware, adware, malicious BHOs (Browser Helper objects), rogue security software, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, 'junk mail,' 'spam,' 'chain letter,' 'pyramid scheme' or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation.
- Any material, non-public information about an organization or company without the prior authorization to do so.
- Use the Site to harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others' privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally-identifiable information about users of the Site.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any Site moderator or any representative of the Alliance or an Affiliated Entity (as defined below); falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site, including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site.
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, without the Alliance's express prior written consent.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or from materials originating from the Site.
- Frame or mirror any part of the Site or any Software or Service without the Alliance's express prior written consent.
- Create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site Content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, 'scrape,' 'data mine' or in any way gather Site Content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and subject to compliance with any instructions posted in the robots.txt file located in the Site's root directory, the Alliance grants to the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of (and solely to the extent necessary for) creating publicly-available, searchable indices of such materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. The Alliance reserves the right to revoke such permission either generally or in specific cases, at any time and without notice.
We reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities or court orders seeking disclosure of identity and other personal information of anyone posting or transmitting any of the information or materials described above.
Our Proprietary Rights
The Services and Software, and all of the content made available through the Site, including, but not limited to, all text and images ('Content'), and all software used to make the Site available are and shall remain the property of the Alliance and its licensors and suppliers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. From time to time, the Alliance may permit you to download and view one (1) copy of selected Content and Software on the Site to which we provide you access or download, on any single computer, solely for your personal, non-commercial home use, subject to your compliance with these Terms, and solely for so long as you are permitted by the Alliance to access and use the Site and provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Except as otherwise expressly authorized here and otherwise in writing in advance by the Alliance, you agree not to reproduce, modify, publish, license, transmit, reuse, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, adapt, translate, create derivative works based (whether in whole or in part) on, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any Services or Software, all or any part of the Site, or any Content made available through the Site. Certain Software may be governed by an additional end user license agreement or 'EULA' to which you may be required to agree before using such Software.
For permission to use content from this website of the Alliance, please request written permission and provide full attribution. Permission should be requested by contacting David Lanham via email at “dlanham (at) ase.org”. Attribution for website content should be given as follows: "Reprinted with permission from the "Alliance to Save Energy."
Third Party Web Sites; Links
The Site may provide links to other web sites and online resources. Because the Alliance has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that neither the Alliance nor the Affiliated Entities are responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, or endorse or are responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available through, or any purchases or other transactions made through, such sites or resources.
It is possible that other websites will provide links to the Site with or without our authorization. You acknowledge and agree that the Alliance and the Affiliated Entities do not endorse such sites, and are and shall not be responsible or liable for any links from those sites to the Site, any content, advertising, products or other materials available on or through such other sites, or any loss or damages incurred in connection therewith.
You agree that your use of third party web sites and resources, including without limitation your use of any content, information, data, advertising, products, or other materials on or available through such websites and resources, is at your own risk and is subject to the terms and conditions of use applicable to such sites and resources.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Alliance and the Affiliated Entities, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholders, licensors, parent companies and representatives, from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site, the Services, or the Software; (b) any violation of these Terms by you or through your account; or (c) any allegation that any Submission, Creation, or other materials that you make available or create through or in connection with the Site, the Services, or the Software infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
These Terms are effective until terminated by the Alliance. The Alliance may terminate your access to or use of the Site if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms. Upon any such termination, your right to access and use the Site, Services and Software will immediately cease. You agree that any termination of your access to or use of the Site may be effected without prior notice, and that the Alliance may immediately deactivate or delete your user name and password, and all related information and files associated with it and/or bar any further access to such information or files. You agree that neither the Alliance nor any Affiliated Entity will be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, or will be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED AS A SERVICE TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC. INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. NO INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEBSITE CONSTITUTES LEGAL ADVICE, NOR DOES IT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE ALLIANCE TO SAVE ENERGY AND ANY OTHER PARTY.
Information or Contacting Us
If you have a question regarding the Site, please send an email to “alliancenews (at) ase.org” or by mail: Alliance to Save Energy, 1850 M St. NW, Suite 610, Washington, DC 20036 or by phone (202) 857-0666.
Last Updated July 18, 2016