Stakeholder Relations Manager
Stakeholder Relations Manager
As the Alliance to Save Energy's Stakeholder Relations Manager, you will serve as a primary liaison with key constituencies, including Associate members, strategic initiative participants, and event sponsors. Success in the role will require working collaboratively across the organization and with external stakeholders; having strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy; and being solution-oriented. If you demonstrate success and are eager to take on new challenges there will be ample opportunities to grow the position and assume greater responsibility.
Founded in 1977, the Alliance to Save Energy is a nonprofit coalition of business, government, environmental, and consumer leaders advocating for enhanced energy productivity to achieve economic growth, a cleaner environment, and greater energy security, affordability, and reliability. We are a small team looking for individuals committed to our mission and organizational values to join us as we grow into the next chapter of our 45-year history. We're based in Washington, D.C. and operate on a hybrid work schedule.
Associates Program Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary contact for Alliance Associates, ensuring consistent and meaningful engagement, resulting in annual retention rate of 90% or higher.
- Utilize Salesforce to manage all Associate donations and interactions, regularly updating and maintaining the accuracy of client and financial data.
- Manage the annual member renewal process, including developing a timeline, drafting solicitation e-mails, tracking responses and processing invoices.
- Support senior leadership in recruitment of new Associate members by compiling prospecting lists, drafting solicitations and tracking outreach and engagement.
- Work with the COO and Communications team to develop and maintain compelling Associates program benefits and marketing materials.
- Manage execution of annual Associate member survey and solicit regular feedback from Associates.
- Collaborate with Alliance staff to ensure strong Associate participation in Alliance activities and inclusion of Associate accomplishments in Alliance newsletters and social media.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Strategic Initiative & Event Responsibilities:
- Support senior leadership in recruitment of new initiative members and event sponsors by compiling prospecting lists, drafting solicitations and tracking outreach and engagement.
- Work with COO and Communications teams to develop and maintain initiative and event prospectuses.
- Utilize Salesforce to manage all strategic initiative and event donations and interactions, regularly updating and maintaining the accuracy of client and financial data.
- Support COO and Events team with event planning as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Four+ years of constituent relations experience within a non-profit institution or corporation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SalesForce.
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong communications skills a must.
- Solutions-oriented. Adaptable. Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Team player. Excellent interpersonal skills. Sense of humor.
- Background in energy efficiency or energy/environmental issues preferred.
How to Apply:
If you're interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter and resume to our Chief of Staff, Felicia Kelly, at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Help the Alliance advocate for policies to use energy more efficiently – supporting job creation, reduced emissions, and lower costs. Contact your member of Congress.
Energy efficiency is smart, nonpartisan, and practical. So are we. Our strength comes from an unparalleled group of Alliance Associates working collaboratively under the Alliance umbrella to pave the way for energy efficiency gains.
The power of efficiency is in your hands. Supporting the Alliance means supporting a vision for using energy more productively to achieve economic growth, a cleaner environment, and greater energy security, affordability, and reliability.