Communications Associate, Digital Marketing
Communications Associate, Digital Marketing
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Associate, Digital & Marketing will serve as the day-to-day lead in advancing the Alliance’s message on energy productivity and energy efficiency to Associates and the public. The individual will be responsible for serving as the Alliance brand manager and overseeing the organization’s social media, email and website platforms. They are expected to work collaboratively across the organization and with myriad external stakeholders.
Marketing & Brand Management
- Serve as the Alliance’s brand manager, ensuring consistency of message, look and feel of all communications products.
- Edit and maintain existing marketing materials, including letterhead, presentation/report templates, business cards, etc.
- Oversee development of annual report and additional collateral, with a focus on design and printing.
- Work with Events & Operations Manager to develop marketing plans and collateral for Alliance events.
- Keep the Alliance’s digital and marketing best practices up to date.
- Edit and grow the organization’s photo library, including taking photos at Alliance events.
- Manage all Alliance social media platforms, including editorial calendar, daily content and advertising.
- Work with the Communications Manager to create engaging social media content, with a focus on Associate, consumer-oriented, event, and initiative content.
- Monitor social media platforms for Alliance mentions and engagement opportunities related to Associates, initiatives and events.
- Answer and respond to questions and engagements from social media audiences.
- Support Alliance initiatives, trips, news and events on social media, including live-tweeting.
- Research ongoing updates to social media platforms and emerging trends.
- Serve as primary point person for maintaining ASE.ORG; conduct weekly website audit to ensure content is fresh, links and pages are functional, and protocol is being followed.
- Work with teams to develop, edit and approve content for ASE.ORG.
- Work with website consultant as necessary to improve site functionality
E-mail Marketing and Advocacy
- Grow and nurture email lists, ensuring accuracy of data and proper use of lists.
- Manage editorial calendars for email marketing.
- Draft, format and send all marketing emails, including wEEkly Buzz and other Alliance newsletters, and events emails.
- Manage editorial calendar and staff content submission for wEEkly Buzz newsletter, working with teams to ensure robust and timely content.
- Transition email platform from Emma to Pardot (or another service better suited for the Alliance)
- Manage vendors including e-mail marketing platform (Emma/Pardot), web support contractors, printer(s), etc.
- Prepare monthly social media, email marketing and web traffic metrics and reports.
- Provide staff training on digital media platforms and ensure established digital media protocols and best practices are being followed.
- Execute special projects as required, including marketing support for strategic initiatives and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public policy or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in digital media, public relations, marketing, communications.
- Strong knowledge of and skills in social media platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Cloud), including creating marketing materials.
- Basic HTML understanding and website management experience (Drupal and/or WordPress).
- Photography and video editing experience (Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie, Final Cut, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong writing and editing abilities; knowledge of AP writing style.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Team player. Excellent interpersonal skills. Sense of humor.
- Enthusiasm for advocacy- and issue-oriented communications work and for promoting the Alliance’s messages to the public and policymakers.
About the Alliance:
The Alliance to Save Energy is a nonprofit, bipartisan coalition of business, government, environmental and consumer leaders advocating for enhanced energy productivity to achieve economic growth, a cleaner environment, and greater energy security, affordability and reliability.
Salary range is $40,000-45,000, based on experience. The Alliance offers a generous benefits package and a comfortable work environment in downtown Washington, DC, convenient to Metro. Employees are currently teleworking due to COVID-19.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume – in a single file – via the following link to apply for this position:
Help the Alliance advocate for policies to use energy more efficiently – supporting job creation, reduced emissions, and lower costs. Contact your member of Congress.
Energy efficiency is smart, nonpartisan, and practical. So are we. Our strength comes from an unparalleled group of Alliance Associates working collaboratively under the Alliance umbrella to pave the way for energy efficiency gains.
The power of efficiency is in your hands. Supporting the Alliance means supporting a vision for using energy more productively to achieve economic growth, a cleaner environment, and greater energy security, affordability, and reliability.