Arizona Senior Associate or Program Associate
Description: The Southwest Energy Efficiency Project (SWEEP) is seeking a talented and dedicated individual to work as a full time Senior Associate or a Program Associate in Phoenix, AZ. The responsibilities for this position include:
- Assist with the design and advocacy of energy efficiency policies and programs in AZ;
- Support strong and effective electric and gas utility demand-side management (DSM) programs including testimony before the AZ state regulatory commission;
- Promote the adoption and implementation of state-of-the-art building energy codes;
- Advance policies that will expand the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs);
- Conduct outreach to help educate the public and businesses about the benefits of energy efficiency improvements in Arizona; and
- Interact with other clean energy advocates and stakeholders in the state.
The Senior Associate or Program Associate will carry out these activities in conjunction with other SWEEP staff and state representatives.
Qualifications: Experience working on energy efficiency policy and programs for an advocacy group, utility, consulting firm, or a state utility commission. Masters degree plus at least three years of experience or Bachelors degree plus at least five years of experience. Strong analytical, writing and communications skills, ability to work independently, and an ability to think and act strategically. Experience working as an advocate in a non-profit organization is a plus.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits.
Start Date: The position will be filled as soon as possible, when a qualified person is identified.
To apply, send brief cover letter and resume (no phone calls, please) to:
Arizona Senior Associate Opening – SWEEP
2334 North Broadway, Suite A
Boulder, CO 80304
Applications can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SWEEP is a public interest organization dedicated to advancing energy efficiency in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. For more information, visit www.swenergy.org.
SWEEP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.