Washington Gas Chairman, CEO James DeGraffenreidt Will Co-Chair Alliance to Save Energy Board of Directors
Washington, D.C., December 10, 2004 – The Alliance to Save Energy has named board member and energy-efficiency advocate James H. DeGraffenreidt, Jr., chairman and CEO of Washington Gas, as its new co-chairman, effective January 1, 2005. He joins current Alliance Chair Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.).
Alliance Co-Chair Dean Langford, former CEO of OSRAM SYLVANIA and the Alliance’s first business co-chair, will become chairman emeritus, a lifetime appointment.
In addition, the Alliance announced two new congressional vice-chairs:
- Rep. Ralph Hall (R-Texas);
- Rep. Zach Wamp (R-Tenn.).
They join current Vice-Chairs Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.), Sen. James Jeffords (I-Vt.), and Rep. Edward Markey (D-Mass.).
The Alliance also announced three new board members:
- Robert Foster, president, Southern California Edison;
- Geoffrey Hunt, senior vice president, communications and human resources, OSRAM SYLVANIA;
- Robert J. Dixon, senior vice president and global head, energy services and solutions, Siemens Building Technologies, Inc..
All appointments are effective January 1, 2005.