Sixth Annual EE Global Forum Returns to DC
The leading voices on energy and sustainability will convene on Washington for EE Global, the premier international energy efficiency conference hosted by the Alliance to Save Energy.
Representatives from governments, NGOs, and top businesses from around the world will discuss their efforts and technologies to advance energy efficiency as part of a dialogue focused on the changes needed to accelerate energy productivity. Leaders will also discuss progress to advance The Alliance Commission’s Energy 2030 plan, which calls for a doubling of U.S. energy productivity by 2030, a goal embraced by President Obama in his State of the Union address and backed with $200 million in his budget proposal to Congress for the “Race to the Top” initiative called for in Energy 2030.
EE Global will feature U.S. policy experts from Congress, the Obama administration and states, including Senator Mark Warner (D-Va.), former Colorado Gov. Bill Ritter, Federal Environmental Executive Jon Powers from the White House and U.S. Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus.
EE Global will also feature representatives from more than 60 organizations from Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas, including:
- Dr. Nawal Al-Hosany, Director of Sustainability, Masdar
- Dr. Abdullah Al Shehri, Government of the Electricity and Co-Generation Authority, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Amit Bando, Executive Director, International Partnership for Energy Efficiency Cooperation
- Kateri Callahan, President, Alliance to Save Energy
- John Cockburn, Director, Office of Energy Efficiency, Natural Resources Canada
- Mike Eckhart, Managing Director and Head of Environmental Finance, Citigroup
- Michael Geissler, CEO, Berlin Energy Agency
- Mark Hopkins, Director of International Energy Efficiency, United Nations Foundation
- Dr. Naoko Ishii, CEO and Chairperson, Global Environmental Facility
- Dr. Siew Eang Lee, National University of Singapore
- Elizabeth McDonald, President and CEO, Canadian Energy Efficiency Alliance
- Vice Admiral Dennis McGinn (USN, ret.), President & CEO, American Council On Renewable Energy
- Clay Nesler, Vice President, Global Energy & Sustainability, Johnson Controls
- Dr. Ashok Sarkar, World Bank EE programs lead for Bahrain, India and Saudi Arabia
EE Global will kick off on Monday, May 20 with remarks by Whirlpool Chairman and CEO Jeff M. Fettig, Secretary Mabus, and Dr. Kandeh Yumkella, Director-General of the United National Industrial Development Organization will also deliver keynotes.
May 20-21, 2013
Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C.
For additional information about EE Global and for media registration, please visit http://eeglobalforum.org/.
- Michael Timberlake; (202) 448-8758