Policy & Research Internship
The Alliance to Save Energy is seeking an organized, attentive, and motivated intern to supports its Policy & Research Team. In addition to energy research and analysis, this internship will contribute to Alliance Accelerate Energy Productivity communications, outreach, and education efforts. The ideal candidate has strong writing and speaking skills, an interest in energy policy, and the ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Duties will include:
- Conducting research and data collection on a wide variety of energy policy topics, including federal energy management, building energy codes, vehicle fuel economy, tax incentives, energy efficiency in the electric power sector, etc.
- Supporting the team’s work in summarizing and analyzing legislation.
- Attending and covering Congressional hearings and other events.
- Tracking federal legislation.
- Maintain contact information databases.
- Assembling advocacy packets and other materials.
- Drafting letters, fact sheets, and other documents.
- Staffing front desk and answering phones.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree—required
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working as part of a team
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and take ownership over projects and assignments
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in energy efficiency policy
- Comfort with initiating professional interactions with Congressional staff and Alliance Associates
Preference will be given to candidates with Congressional office or campaign experience. The internship begins January 9, 2017 and extends through the end of May, 2017, at Alliance headquarters in Washington, D.C. The intern will be paid ($11.50/hour). This is a full-time position and we are unable to consider applicants who will be enrolled in a full-time course load during the internship term.
Please attach a cover letter and writing sample (two pages maximum) with your resume. Cover letters may be addressed to "Internship Coordinators." Final candidates will be asked to take a writing test. No phone calls, please.