ITRI-Rosenfeld Postdoctoral Fellow
ITRI - Rosenfeld Postdoctoral Fellow - 83861
Organization: AD-ETA Area Office
Berkeley Lab’s Energy Technologies Area Office (ETA) has an opening for a Rosenfeld Postdoctoral Fellow. The ITRI-Rosenfeld Postdoctoral Fellowship recognizes the contributions of Dr. Arthur (Art) H. Rosenfeld to the advancement of energy efficiency worldwide, and acknowledges the primary fellowship sponsor, the Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) and their support of pioneering, innovative research. This distinguished postdoctoral fellowship opportunity will allow an outstanding recent or upcoming Ph.D. recipient to engage in innovative research leading to new energy efficiency technologies or policies and reduction of adverse energy-related environmental impacts. The focus for the 2018 Fellowship will be on applicants interested in research in water-energy technologies or policies.
What You Will Do:
• Design and implement research that aligns with one of the research topics in the U.S./China Clean Energy Research Center for Water-Energy Technologies (see more at https://eta.lbl.gov/about-us/fellowship/how-to-apply).
• Communicate results in presentations and/or publications.
What is Required:
• Ph.D. degree prior to the fellowship start date (from Spring 2018).
• An established publication record.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills for working in a collaborative research environment.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply before midnight on November 1, 2017 (PDT).
• This is a full time, 2-year, postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 3 years paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
• Full-time, M-F, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
To apply, follow the instructions carefully on the ITRI-Rosenfeld Fellowship website at http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=105271
For further information, contact the ETA Fellowship Coordinator (ITRI-Rosenfeld-Fellowship@lbl.gov)
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html). Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) to view the poster and supplement: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
Berkeley Lab (LBNL, http://www.lbl.gov/) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.