Grant Development Intern
Looking to gain firsthand experience in grant writing and management? The Alliance to Save Energy is seeking a highly-motivated intern to support the activities of the Development & Operations Department. This individual identifies new sources of funding, tracks proposals through the development, award and reporting processes, and liaises with the Alliance project teams on development-related issues. This individual also assists the Development team in proposal preparation and administrative duties as assigned. The candidate must have superior organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and sound judgment. S/he must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with highly motivated staff in a rapidly growing mission-focused organization.
- Research a variety of topics and information for the Development Team. Assist in creating/writing items and identifying resources that support the proposal and submission process that may also be used in grants, articles, and other materials. Assist with identification, research, and dissemination of potential funding sources specific to their areas of interest to Alliance staff.
- Assist in maintaining and tracking a complete central repository of Alliance-related Development materials through Salesforce. Support the maintenance and tracking of all filings related to the Alliance grant activities, including foundation search engines, philanthropy databases and publications, government listings, etc.
- Liaise with Alliance project teams on Development-related issues, providing support materials as requested. Serves as support to the Sr. Development Associate to ensure program teams are submitting accurate progress reports and financial materials to donors on time.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders on the Alliance’s state registrations for charitable organization status.
- Reconcile expense reports for the Development and Finance departments, and ensures that the data from each department remains consistent.
- Assist with Stakeholder Engagement Team projects as necessary, which includes helping with the Associates corporate membership program and giving.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to establish and follow routine processes and procedures
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and changing priorities
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills
- Exercises initiative in undertaking routine assignments/projects without direct supervision
- Superior judgment and diplomacy skills
- Skills in designing resource tools, materials and presentations for writing proposals
- Confidence and skill in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to collaborate with different levels of the organization, both internally and externally
The internship begins January 3, 2017 and extends through May 26, 2017 (end date negotiable) at Alliance headquarters in Washington, D.C. The intern will be paid ($11.50/hour) and will receive some benefits. This is a full-time position, but we could consider a part-time candidate depending on experience.
Please attach a cover letter and writing sample with your resume, as one PDF document. Upload the PDF document under “Attach Resume” using the UltiPro system. Cover letters can be addressed to "Internship Coordinators." No phone calls, please.