Job Title: Events Associate
Team: Public Relations
Reports to: Manager, Public Relations
Founded in 1977 during the oil crisis, the Alliance to Save Energy is a nonprofit coalition of business, government, environmental and consumer leaders that promotes energy efficiency worldwide to achieve a healthier economy, a cleaner environment and greater energy security.
The Alliance to Save Energy is seeking an Events Associate to support its Public Relations team. The Events Associate will support the planning and execution of major Alliance events, including the EE Global Forum and Evening with the Stars of Energy Efficiency Awards Dinner, to enhance reputation, raise visibility, help secure prospective Associates and funders, and advance the Alliance’s mission. The position will report directly to the Public Relations Manager, and will work closely with members of the Public Relations, Stakeholder Engagement and Policy teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Energy Efficiency Global Forum
- Assist with management of vendor contracts, including venue, catering, AV, and exposition services and collaborate with Finance team to process and track vendor payments.
- Support management of the International Steering Committee meetings including agenda and slide creation, logistical arrangements and drafting of meeting minutes.
- Manage plenary session logistics including maintenance of the speaker database, drafting and issuing speaker invitations, speaker confirmation, management and on-site logistics.
- Manage Executive Dialogue speaker logistics including maintenance of the speaker database, drafting and issuing speaker invitations, speaker confirmation, follow-up, management, briefing, and on-site logistics.
- Support Events & Marketing Associate by drafting email blasts, invitation copy, and website material as needed.
- Conduct appropriate follow-up activities, including drafting and issuing thank you letters, updating attendee lists and collection and analysis of participant evaluation reports to incorporate for next year.
Stars of Energy Efficiency Awards Dinner
- Manage complimentary invitation process, including creating invitee list, issuing e-mail invitations and reminders, tracking RSVPs in Salesforce, enforcing registration policies, and managing on-site registration.
- Manage table seating process in Salesforce including interfacing with sponsors to determine requested and attending guests, maintaining spreadsheets, conducting table seating meeting, and managing on-site logistics.
- Conduct appropriate follow-up activities, including drafting and issuing thank you letters, updating attendee lists and collection and analysis of participant evaluation reports.
- Assist with management of vendor contracts, including venue, catering, lighting, and AV and collaborate with Finance team to process and track vendor payments.
- Manage internal Alliance and industry event calendars.
- Assist with additional event planning, including receptions, board meetings, etc. as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work or internship experience.
- Strong and efficient writing and editing abilities; AP writing style.
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills for interacting with vendors and Alliance staff.
Salary range is $40-45k, based on experience. The Alliance offers a generous benefits package and a comfortable work environment in downtown Washington, DC convenient to Metro.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume – in a single file – via the following link to apply for this position: