IMT seeks an Associate to support IMT’s mission with primary responsibility to assist the development and communications departments and other program work as needed. The successful candidate will be eager to grow their understanding and experience of nonprofit management and learn the field of energy efficiency and sustainability.
The Associate will have exceptional critical thinking, communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Conduct research and analysis of current and prospective funders and other stakeholders and produce associated profiles and reports
• Create, write and edit materials (such as blogs, presentations, case studies, and social media posts) for development, communications, and other departments as required • Manage databases on funders and other stakeholders, including maintenance of internal media and development tracking systems and lists
• Create pre-meeting briefings and coordinate and oversee post-event debriefings
• Assist in managing group outreach to stakeholders
• Work closely with and provide administrative support to IMT team leaders
• Build up and maintain IMT’s database of common metrics, statistics, images, charts, and graphs that track organizational progress Assist in maintaining IMT’s calendar of events, seeking out forthcoming speaking opportunities for IMT leadership Qualifications and Skills • Undergraduate degree in communications, business, marketing or related field preferred
• BA required with 1-5 years of post-college work and/or experience preferred
• Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and willingness to generate new ideas
• Ability to work on a diverse range of projects with diverse teams of stakeholders working independently and collaboratively
• Flexibility to adapt to emerging needs and priorities
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills: ability to perform self-directed work, manage multiple projects, and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Interest and/or experience in building energy efficiency, environmental policy, and sustainability consulting
• Experience in Microsoft office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Additional experience in graphic-based programs such as Adobe Photoshop a plus
• Familiarity with Contact Management Systems such as Expression Engine or WordPress or social listening tools a plus
• Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management systems a plus
• Enthusiasm, dedication, a sense of humor, and a drive to succeed
This is a full-time position based in IMT’s Washington, DC office. IMT offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please write “Associate” in the subject line.
About the Institute for Market Transformation
IMT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., with a mission to promote energy efficiency in buildings. Achieving that vision requires market transformation, a process of strategic intervention in the market to remove barriers to energy efficiency. We work in partnership with policymakers, environmental groups, and business leaders that are helping shape the future of energy efficiency in America.
Our efforts contribute to important new policy outcomes and widespread changes in practice that benefit the economy and the environment.
For more information, visit imt.org. We are headquartered in downtown Washington, DC, a few blocks from the White House. We provide a vibrant, collaborative and flexible workplace that brings together diverse expertise.
We empower our staff to constantly learn while achieving big things, and we have a great deal of fun along the way. IMT values all types of diversity, including racial, ethnic, and gender diversity, and is committed to promoting and fostering diversity within our organization and Board of Directors. IMT is an equal opportunity employer.